Upfront disclosure regarding Supa Club Program Terms and Conditions
We want to make you aware of certain terms and conditions that apply to your participation as a customer in the Supa Club Program.
Please note that there may be other terms and conditions that are important to you which we have not highlighted below.
You should read all of the terms and conditions that apply, which follow this upfront disclosure, (Terms) to understand how the Supa Club Program works and the terms and conditions that apply. This upfront disclosure is a summary only of certain of the Terms.
Please read the following specific disclosures carefully to ensure you are aware of them.
- Your membership is linked to the Supa Valu store you select as your Primary Store. You will only accrue points, and be able to redeem points, for eligible in-store purchases at your Primary Store.
- You will be prompted to redeem points once your balance reaches $10.
- Unused points will expire 12 months after the date they are accrued. When you redeem points, your oldest points will be used first.
- We may terminate the Supa Club Program at your Primary Store on reasonable notice and you will have 90 days to redeem your accrued points. We may de-activate your account if it is inactive for at least 3 years.
- Points held at the time of termination or de-activation will be lost. You will not be able to transfer your accrued points to another store or another Program member.
- We may vary the Supa Club terms and conditions, provided 90 days’ notice will be given if the variation negatively affects your rights.
Supa Club Program Terms and Conditions
Metcash Food & Grocery Pty Ltd ABN 67 004 391 422 of 1 Thomas Holt Drive, Macquarie Park NSW 1670 (Metcash or we)
The Supa Club loyalty program is the customer loyalty program which Metcash operates throughout Australia at participating Supa Valu stores (Program). These are the terms and conditions governing the Program (Terms).
The Program is specific to the participating stores listed below, one of which you may select as your ‘Primary Store’:
|Supa Valu Morgan’s Delahey||Delahey Village, Taylors Rd, Delahey VIC 3037||99 582 204 391|
|Supa Valu Doonside||Delahey Village, 52 Rosenthal St, Doonside NSW 2767||11 807 080 683|
Privacy: We will collect personal information about you when you sign up to and participate in the Program, including when you enter into transactions in your Primary Store using your Card. We collect this information to enable you to receive the Program benefits and for us to better understand and gain insights into shopper trends and campaigns and store performance. We will be unable to provide you with the Program benefits if you do not provide us with that information. We may disclose your personal information to third parties as further described in these Terms. We do not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties, or permit them to use it to market to you.
Membership: Membership of the Program is free. To become a member of the Program:
- you must be:
- an individual;
- a resident of Australia;
- aged 18 years or over,
- and you must:
- provide your full name and accurate information when registering as a member;
- accept these Terms; and
- have full power and authority to do so.
You cannot register for the Program for or on behalf of a business. The Program is only for personal and consumer use, and you must not use the Program for any business transaction or purpose.
To become a member of the Program, you will need to:
- collect a Program membership card in-store or, where available, download a virtual card from the Supa Club website (Card); and
- sign up to the Program either in-store or via the Supa Club website at https://supaclub.com.au/.
When you sign up to the Program, other information you will be asked to provide includes:
- the participating Supa Valu store (Primary Store) that you want your Card to be linked to; and
- a valid email address, if you wish to receive email communications about the Program including variations to these Terms.
Membership benefits: As a member of the Program you will:
- receive points for each whole dollar spent on purchases of Eligible Products at your Primary Store when your Card is scanned before completion of the transaction;
- receive electronic marketing communications sent by us or on our behalf in relation to the Program or offers made by your Primary Store, unless you have opted not to receive such communications; and
- be able to redeem the value of your points against Eligible Products purchased in your Primary Store when you present your Card at the time of the transaction. You will be prompted to redeem your points once your balance reaches a credit of $10.
Primary Store: You will be able to accrue and redeem points only at your Primary Store. Purchases at other Supa Valu or IGA stores will not earn points for the Program, and you cannot redeem your points at a store other than your Primary Store.
Points accrual: You will receive at least one point for each whole dollar spent on Eligible Products at your Primary Store when your Card is scanned during a transaction before the transaction payment is processed.
Bonus points accrual: We may, from time to time, offer additional points in relation to specified purchases made in your Primary Store. The availability of bonus points (and any accompanying conditions) will be promoted in your Primary Store and/or in electronic communications to you. Bonus points will accrue when your Card is scanned during a qualifying transaction before the transaction payment is processed.
Eligible purchases: Points will only be received for, and can only be redeemed against, purchases of products that are ‘Eligible Products’. Eligible Products will be any products purchased in-store at your Primary Store other than:
- tobacco or tobacco-related products, lottery products, stamps, gift cards, mobile and data recharges and top ups, travel cards and tickets, Epay and any other goods or services notified by us from time to time (Excluded Items); and
- any other goods or services in relation to which it is unlawful to offer, issue or redeem points.
Points will not be received for, and may not be redeemed for, online purchases unless otherwise advised by your Primary Store.
Redemption of points: The rate of redemption is at least $0.01 per point (i.e. 1,000 points = at least $10). You can redeem your points as a credit against the purchase of Eligible Products in your Primary Store by presenting your Card and confirming you wish to redeem your points. When you redeem points, your oldest points will be used first. Points cannot be exchanged for cash.
Points Expiry: Unused points will expire 12 months after the date they are accrued.
Refunds: If you return purchases for which you have earned points and receive a refund, we may require you to present your Card and have the associated points deducted from your balance.
Non-transferrable: Points are personal to your account, and cannot be transferred to any other person or account.
Checking points balance: Your points balance will be printed on your receipt when you shop at your Primary Store and scan your Card during the transaction. If you wish to check your points balance, you can do so by scanning your Card in your Primary Store and asking for a receipt to be printed (whether you make a purchase or not). The points balance displayed may not include recently accrued points.
Your responsibilities: You agree that:
- you will give us accurate information about yourself (including as part of the registration process) and update us if your details change. We are not responsible if you are unable to collect or receive Program benefits as a result of your failure to provide accurate information, including a failure to update your account details;
- you will comply with these Terms, and you will not use your Card or any Program benefits in any unauthorised or illegal manner;
- the Card issued to you remains our property. You are responsible for its safekeeping and for uses made of your Card, and you must not allow anyone else to use your Card or receive the benefit of your Program membership.
If you do not comply with your obligations under these Terms (or we have reasonable grounds to consider that you have not complied with your obligations), we may remove you from the Program or remove Program benefits at any time. This includes if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you:
- are abusing or attempting to abuse the Program;
- have breached these Terms or the terms and conditions of any Program offers notified to you; or
- are involved in any behaviour relating to the Program that involves theft, fraud, misconduct, abusive, offensive or other inappropriate behaviour, or the supply of false or misleading information.
Lost, damaged or stolen Cards: If your Card is lost, damaged or stolen, you can collect a replacement Card from your Primary Store or, where available, download a virtual card from the Supa Club website at supaclub.com.au. You will then need to log on to the website to link the replacement Card to your account. If you notify us that a Card has been lost or stolen, we may suspend the relevant account to prevent misuse.
Ending the Program: We may make the decision to terminate the Program, either generally or only for your Primary Store. If we do decide to take this step, we will give you reasonable notice of our decision and at least 90 days in which to redeem any points that you have accrued.
De-activating your account: If there has been no activity on your account for the Program for at least 3 years, Metcash may de-activate your account. The Points that you have accrued will be lost on deactivation of your account.
Ending your Program participation: You may make the decision to end your participation in the Program at any time, including if you do not agree to changes to these Terms. You can terminate your membership of the Program by closing your online account on the Supa Club website at https://supaclub.com.au/ or by sending an email to [email protected].
Points held at termination: If you have points accrued at the time the Program ends at your Primary Store or when your account is de-activated in accordance with these terms, or when your Program participation ceases, you will be unable to redeem those points and your points balance will be lost.
Notices by email: Notices to you under these Terms will be sent by email, and we will not be required to notify you if you have not provided a current email address for communications about the Program or if you have opted out of such communications.
Third parties’ access to data: Organisations which help us to operate the Program may be located in Australia and in other countries, including the United Kingdom and the United States of America. Our service providers may also make personal information held in Australia or the other countries listed above remotely available for processing by service provider personnel located in other countries, such as China and Thailand. Reasonable steps are taken to ensure that overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information, and only use it for the purpose for which it was disclosed.
Intellectual Property: Unless otherwise noted, all materials provided in relation to the Program are protected as copyright, trade names, trade marks or are other intellectual property owned by us and/or our related bodies corporate or by other persons who have licensed their material or trade marks to us. You do not have the right to use these intellectual property rights without the written permission of their owner.
Changes to the Terms: We may vary these Terms from time to time, and the current version of the Terms will be available on the Supa Club website. If any variation negatively affects your points or your redemption entitlements, or otherwise reduces your rights or entitlements, we will give you not less than 90 days’ notice before those variations come into effect. If you do not accept changes to the Terms, you can terminate your membership (see “Ending your Program participation”). If you continue to participate in the Program that will constitute acceptance of the updated Terms.
General: These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. If any provision of these Terms is invalid under applicable law in any jurisdiction, the remainder of these Terms remain in full force and effect to the extent they are not invalid in that or any other jurisdiction. A failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver and will not restrict either you or us from enforcing that right or provision now or in future.
Queries and complaints: If you have any queries or complaints in relation to the Program, please speak to a staff member in your Primary Store. You can also use the contact form on the Supa Club website, but please be aware that you may be requested to contact your Primary Store directly in relation to certain types of queries.